Remember the 1950s Shirt Dress Sewing Circle? Finally, I have completed the project. I feel good as the deadline is the end of the month and it’s only the 17th.
Thanks to those that hung in with me while completing this project. 🙂 Truly these photos do not do the colours justice. The pink is oh so pretty. The hubby took the Projeblogging this year, LOL. These were taken with a Galaxy cell phone.
This dress was not difficult at all to complete. Actually, it was quite fun to put together. She is quite comfy to wear too. Get this, I made this frock too large. There is about 2 – 3 inches that could have been taken in at the waist. Thankful for the belt and full skirt which I think hides the extra fabric. When I put the dress on Sunday morning, low and behold, the chest area was too low (too big there too) so I donned a black camisole. You can see it peeping in the photograph. I’ll probably purchase a hot pink one to go with the dress. I cut and sewed the largest size on the pattern envelope in conjunction with my measurements. Clearly, that wasn’t right. I am learning pattern fitting and am no discouraged by this dress being too large. We’ll simply call it a wearable muslin.
I made two ribbon belts, one pink as above and one taupe. The pink one fits my waist exactly. For real I thought it was going to pop apart, but it hasn’t yet. The pink one I made a tad looser.
I would have loved to incorporate the hot pink piping that I purchased. But hey, perhaps another garment, another time. I love piping so I am sure it will be used. The only reason I may not make this again is because of all the other wonderfully cute patterns that are begging to be lyrically styled.