That’s the look I get after a sweet thrift store impromptu shopping spree. Check out these zippers!!! I believe some of them to be vintage. For instance, I had not heard of the brand “Star”; have you?
Count ’em – 19 of them! These will come in handy for the 40s and 50s vintage style dresses I will be sewing. After such a great find the other half of the fun is enumerating the haul.
- 6 white metal zippers from 18-20 inches
- 3 red metal zippers, 18-20″
- 1 Kelly green, 18″
- 2 blue (ciel and medium blue), 18″
- 2 navy, 20″
- 3 pink, 7″, and 18″ (lt. pink and hot pink)
- 1 pumpkin, 20″
- 1 walnut, 18″
But wait, there’s more:
- 3 packages of red rick rack. Two of the packages are vintage Boiltex jumbo rick rack and the other is small.
- 1 package of 1/2″ rayon seam binding in Jungle Green.
- White bias binding
- 2 unopened packages of Wrights bias tape in flame
- 1 new package of wide old rose bias tape @ 4 yards
- 1 new package of flame, wide bias tape @ 4 yards
- 1 vintage package of white jumbo rick rack (polyester) from Woolco [originally .59]
But wait, there’s more!
- Enough wine coloured corduroy to make a skirt
- Red/white quilting cotton
- Strawberry Shortcake quilting squares to make a quilt for my grammy
But wait, there’s still more!
Last but certainly not least . . . check THIS out:
I am going to ask my girl, Miss Susie about this find. I am sure she can share valuable information about it. The plan is to replace the netting and if the stars align perhaps I can wear it to the Memorial Celebration in April.
Guess what today’s goodies cost
$2 and some change!
Don’t you just love thrift store stash building?