Simplicity 1590 Blouse 1940s

simplicity-1590Continuing my vintage blouse love affair I remembered this fabric and new pattern purchase.  An excellent choice for the May Make A Garment A Month Challenge. Really, according to the pattern back the 1.5 yards I have is not enough for my size 18-20+ body. Sew, this morning I cut out the appropriate pieces and laid them out to see what I can do with this thrifted cotton. If I cut the facings out of complementary fabric I m i g h t be able to pull this off. To the point, the peplum won’t be laid out as shown in the instructions, but, I think due to the direction of the little flowers it won’t make a big difference. Either way, I’m doing it! 😉 And, I see a red asymmetrical skirt to go with it too.

Having a love affair with piping. I’m hooked.

Yay!  I completed this month’s challenge ahead of schedule.


My attempt at posing. Boy do I respect professional photographers!







Sobriety from electronic sewing since 2012


2 thoughts on “Simplicity 1590 Blouse 1940s

I love it when you leave a reply!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s